Teachers or students;in particular,Arabs and Chinese

Sunday, October 24, 2010

FUTURE PERFECT CONTINUOUS

Future Perfect Continuous: Form

This form is composed of two elements: the future perfect of the verb to be (will have been) + the present participle of the main verb (base+ing):

Subject will have been base+ing
We will have been living


Affirmative
I will have been working
Negative
I won't have been working
Interrogative
Will I have been working?
Interrogative negative
Won't I have been working?

Example: to live, Future Perfect Continuous

Affirmative Negative Interrogative
I'll have been living I won't have been living Will I have been living?
You'll have been living You won't have been living Will you have been living?
He'll have been living He won't have been living Will she have been living?
We'll have been living We won't have been living Will we have been living?
You'll have been living You won't have been living Will you have been living?
They'll have been living They won't have been living Will they have been living?

Future Perfect Continuous: Function

Like the future perfect simple, this form is used to project ourselves forward in time and to look back. It refers to events or actions in a time between now and some future time, that may be unfinished.

Examples:

  • I will have been waiting here for three hours by six o'clock.
  • By 2001 I will have been living here for sixteen years.
  • By the time I finish this course, I will have been learning English for twenty years.
  • Next year I will have been working here for four years.
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments

:) :-) :)) =)) :( :-( :(( :d :-d @-) :p :o :>) (o) [-( :-? (p) :-s (m) 8-) :-t :-b b-( :-# =p~ :-$ (b) (f) x-) (k) (h) (c) cheer

 
© Step by step into english in English
Designed by BlogThietKe Cooperated with Duy Pham
Released under Creative Commons 3.0 CC BY-NC 3.0
Posts RSSComments RSS
Back to top